CONSULTANCY & ADVISORY SERVICES PROVIDED
Process Safety and Risk Management is a disciplined framework for managing the integrity of operating systems and processes handling hazardous substances by applying good design principles, engineering, and operating practices.
Workplace risk management
How can Saferworking help?:
By offering impartial advice & guidance
Let’s keep it simple, jargon-free and pragmatic. Above all, it has to be manageable because your “resource bubble” is not infinite and you need real solutions.
Help Develop Organisational Culture & Workforce Competency
We can support you on one of the most challenging causes of accidents – human behaviour – by creating a culture that values and embeds safe working practices and has the right level of skills.
Develop, Implement and Assess Management Systems
We can provide a comprehensive service to support you with all your Management system needs based upon OHSAS18001, ISO45001 and ISO14001.
We provide identification of requirements, design, implementation and audit. We can also provide ongoing support to maintain and update your systems, ensuring they remain compliant at all times.
Conduct Risk Identification, Assessments and Offer Pragmatic Risk Management Plans
We can offer workplace task-based risk assessments, identify risks, and produce a plan to address them.
Our advice and training will allow you to ensure legal compliance and continuous improvement.
We can also provide help and advice, identifying your areas of need, delivering services, ensuring continued compliance and improvement.
Process risk management
How can Saferworking help?:
Carry out Audits & Assessments
We can provide audits in Process Safety Management (PSM) and Due-diligence/ Compliance HSE aspects.
Conduct Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)
- Select appropriate HIRA methods.
- Gather appropriate data to identify and establish hazards. This is conducted using a variety of methods such as (but not limited to):
- Interviews with key personnel
- Site reconnaissance
- Desktop studies (P&IDS, Design Reports etc)
- Review of past incident records
- Document identified hazards for risk assessment
Develop, Implement and Assess Process Safety Management (PSM) Systems
Process Safety Management (PSM) based on OSHA, CCPS or EI framework.
Carry of Process Risk Identification and Assessments
Risk assessment involves considering the possible results of someone being exposed to a hazard and the likelihood of this occurring.
Assessment techniques make use of risk tolerance criteria and can be Qualitative, Semi-quantitative or Quantitative.
We have expertise in the following techniques for Risk Assessment:
- Hazard Identification Studies (HAZID)
- Hazard Operability Studies (HAZOP)
- Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Extensive range of workplace risk assessments (Task or Process Specific).
risk management Training
Our training support covers:
- Half-Day (typically) Leadership (Directors and Senior Managers) Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Awareness Course.
- 3 Day Comprehensive HSE Orientation Couse for Managers, Supervisors and Operational Staff.
- Risk Assessment and Management.
- Incident investigation and management.
- Tailored Courses – specific to the industry, job roles and skills.
- 3 Day Process Safety Management
- 2 Day Process Safety Management Auditing
- 2 Day and 3 Day (with workshop) Pre-Start Up and Safety Review course for Operational Readiness.
- HAZOP (Chair and Participating roles)
- Management of Change (MOC)
risk management & performance Improvement
When it comes to performance management and improvement, we can help with:
DEFINE > MEASURE > ANALYSE > IMPROVE > CONTROL > ACT
DEFINE – Define the problem
Typically, via Gap Analysis or Audits. The process complements Corporate Governance capability.
MEASURE – Quantify the problem
Establish measurement criteria and undertake monitoring to supplement existing data/ records.
ANALYSE – Establish the cause
Review monitored data and existing records relative to bespoke criteria. Where data reveals shortfalls, establish root cause events.
IMPROVE – Develop/Implement solutions
Progress can only be made if progress is measured. Having measured and analysed relative to criteria, this will facilitate corrective action improvement plans
CONTROL – Maintain improvements
Develop and implement appropriate policies, processes and procedures.
ACT – “Keep on top of things”
The first 5 items, DMAIC represents the 5 lean phases of Six-Sigma. We have also adopted and extended the 5 Lean Phases to include ACT for complementing the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle. We can review periodically with Leadership and fine-tune as needed, for continuous improvement.