Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Support Services
- We focus on providing a deep and solid understanding of the fundamentals, as opposed to a wider but weaker knowledge, which will likely be quickly forgotten or misinterpreted.
- We recognise that clients want straightforward, jargon-free and user-friendly health, safety and environment (HSE) advice and we can provide this.
What do we provide?
- Gap analysis / Audits / HSE compliance review.
- Management Systems (HSE)
- Risk Assessments
- Performance monitoring / Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Leadership and workforce training.
- Our solutions are tailored to your business so you can manage with confidence and be assured that not only are you complying with the law, but the solutions have been spliced into the DNA of your business and shaping the culture of your workforce.
Gap Analysis - Audits - Compliance Assessments
Compliance audits and gap analysis for Health Safety and Environment (HSE) are critical to ensure adherence with an Organisation’s systems and procedures, compliance with regulatory obligations and maintain continuous improvement. They keep your Orgainsation in check and out of the headlines.
Safer Working has a wealth of experience with many different auditing systems and protocols. We can provide audits of an organisation’s strategic position using protocols based on recognised standards, such as HSG65, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Management Systems (HSE)
HSE management systems refers to what the organisation does to manage its processes, or activities, so that its products or services meet the objectives it has set itself, such as:
- satisfying the customer’s quality requirements,
- complying with regulations, or
- meeting Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) objectives.
HSE management systems is a framework based on a structured integration of best practice into operating systems – frequently built around the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle. The Plan – Do – Check – Act (PDCA) cycle is the operating principle of ISO’s management system standards.
To manage the safety, health and environment aspects of your business, you must control the risks in your workplace.
To manage risks, you must identify what could potentially cause harm (i.e., a Hazard) at your workplace and then decide whether you are taking adequate steps to prevent that harm. This is known as risk assessment and it is something you are required by law to carry out. In the UK, if you have fewer than five employees you don’t have to write anything down.
A risk assessment doesn’t have to be complex or result in huge amounts of actions, paperwork etc. The risk assessment is a pragmatic approach considering sensible measures to control the risks that have been identified. You are probably already taking steps to protect your employees, but your risk assessment will help you decide whether you have covered all you need to.
Performance Monitoring (KPI)
To stay out of the “limelight”, health, safety and environment (HSE) performance management requires committment. We are all too familiar with accidents, legal cases and terrible headlines which have resulted in the “termination” of many businesses. Don’t be an addition to the statistics.
Organisations that fail in health, safety and environment performance management can be perceived as irresponsible or worse.
We work closely with our Clients to produce practical, no-nonsense solutions for health, safety and environment performance management that they not only understand, but can commit to maintain for continuous improvement. Our solutions will make a difference and influence real change in individual and organisational behaviours.
Our objective is to develop a capability within our Clients’ organisations in health, safety and environment performance management for them to sustain their performance. We do this by openly sharing our knowledge, providing constructive feedback and bespoke training. Our experience extends across several sectors and types of hazards, whether it is slips and trips, operating chemical plants, driver safety, stress or major accident prevention. In all cases we develop bespoke solutions to health, safety and environment issues.